2016 was a big learning curve for me and I was determined to take on every opportunity to improve my basketball skills and further my basketball career. My basketball achievements in 2016 include:
- Attending all training and games for the under 11s squad of the Newark team, the Trent Tornadoes.
- Starting training and playing in some games with the U14 squad of the Trent Tornadoes.
- Being selected to play for the Notts County basketball squad.
- Being selected to play for the East Midlands basketball squad.
- Winning the County tournament with the Notts county squad in a national tournament.
- Participating in my 2nd intensive week-long basketball camp in the summer holidays.
- Attending pro games to learn more about strategy.
- Being selected to represent Notts County in a tournament in Ireland in February 2017.
- Increasing my average point score from 15 per game to around 30 per game.
My targets for 2017 include building on these opportunities and experiences, trying out to play for the under-14s squad for Notts County, play for a national league team and increase my average point score to 32 per game.
I'd particularly like to thank my teammates for being so brilliant, my Coach at Trent Tornadoes - Andrew Coe - for all he has done to support me in basketball and Radio Newark (especially Mick Bradley) for their interest and encouragement in my basketball journey.
Hope everyone has a great 2017!