Citizen of the Year Award (12-17)
Sponsored by Sentiment 360.
There's a time between childhood and adulthood when children grow up to become young people who are more aware of their environment around them.
The Citizen of the Year Award (12-17) is all about acknowledging the fantastic efforts and achievements made by young people living within Newark & Sherwood.
Some young people have known nothing but an uphill struggle in their life and are constantly optimistic and inspirational as they fight to stay on top. Others choose to dedicate their time and energy to helping people and would never dream of asking for anything in return.
They might be a carer, volunteer or relative.
We are looking for Radio Newark’s Citizen of the Year who has gone the extra mile within the last 12 months.
Key points that the judges will be looking for:
- A young person who has fought hard to overcome significant adversity.
- A young person who selflessly strives to excel and go the extra mile.
- A young person who inspires others to want to achieve better.
- A young person who has shown exemplary courage.
- A young person that gives to others without thought of return.