A special photographic competition which celebrates Nottinghamshire and all it has to offer has been launched to help mark a Jubilee year of landmark events in the county – including the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee weekend, County Day and the Tour of Britain.
Nottinghamshire in 2022 is being led by Nottinghamshire County Council and Lord-Lieutenant Sir John Peace, who are encouraging residents to get out their cameras to showcase why our county is a great place to live, work and visit.
Photographers of all abilities can enter the competition, which has two categories – under 18s and over 18s.
Nottinghamshire and Nottingham have a wealth of stunning landmarks and beauty spots which can be captured on camera, from Newark Castle to Wollaton Hall and Clumber Park to Newstead Abbey.
Entries can also include photographs of events you have attended or will attend in the county during the coming year – such as gigs or concerts, festivals and even sports matches.
The special competition will also provide a unique opportunity for people to capture life through a lens in the county during the extended Bank Holiday weekend from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June, as well as milestone dates such as Nottinghamshire Day on 25 August and the return of the Tour of Britain cycle race on 8 September.
Sir John, who will form part of the judging panel, said: “The competition presents a wonderful opportunity for us to celebrate our great county pictorially and all it has to offer – and what better way to do this than during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year.
“Nottinghamshire is blessed with historic attractions and places to visit which lend themselves perfectly to be captured on camera, but your submission doesn’t have to be a building or landmark.
“Perhaps there’s a favourite spot in the county which holds a special memory for you, whether it be a hidden gem, a view or somewhere you go for a walk or bike ride?
“If so, we’d love to see your photos of our wonderful county as well as finding out more about the story behind the picture.
“It is a going to be a fantastic year for us all to look forward to and remember and what better way to document it than through our Nottinghamshire in 2022 photography competition.”
Anyone can enter our Nottinghamshire in 2022 photography competition. You don’t need to be a professional photographer.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include the photographer’s name, the category they are entering (adults or under 18s), a contact email address and phone number (of a parent or guardian if under 16), the name of place/subject where the photo was taken.
- There is no limit to the number of photos entrants can submit.
- All entries stand a chance of being featured in future council exhibitions and to be included in Nottinghamshire Archives to document Nottinghamshire in 2022.
- By submitting photos to this competition, entrants give the council permission to use the images free of charge and uncredited in this and future campaigns.
- By submitting photos to this competition, entrants confirm that they have permission from any individuals featured in the images to share the photos with the council on the terms above.