On Air Now Willie Mac 10:00am - 1:00pm Email
Now Playing Say So Doja Cat Download

Back to winning ways

Newark Flowserve

Newark Flowserve  got back to winning ways on their longest away journey of the season to the Shrewsbury Sports Village home to Haughmond FC

With Jermain Hollis back and replacing the suspended Kyle Dixon and new player coach Francois Zoko starting in the number 10 shirt 

The 1st half began like a game of chess with both sides probing but no real threat on the goal after 20 minutes a move involving Danny Meadows, Lewis Brownhill, Sam Agar and Francois Zoko resulted in Massiah McDonald heading past the right hand upright. After 27 minutes Brownhill and Zoko combined to release Agar who was brought down on the edge of the box with no resulting free kick and 60 seconds later in a crowded goalmouth Agar was shown a straight red card.

Both sides were then thwarted by strong defensive action with Mitch Robinson and Lawrence Gorman strong in the centre for the visitors, Then with the 1st half heading into added on time Danny Meadows clipped a perfect pass over the defence to the left hand side of the box, Lewis Brownhill ran on to it and took a touch before smashing it past the keeper to send the visitors in at the break a goal to the good 

The 2nd half started with the visitors on top and Zoko holding the ball up and showing his obvious class, After 52 minutes Zoko and Brownhill combined to release Danny Meadows who ran at the defence and as they backed off he curled a shot inside the right hand post to increase “The Works” lead. Alfie Smith-Eccles then turned a fierce low drive around his right hand upright but ten minutes later and Haughmond were back in the game after a session of pin ball in the box the home number10 Scott Ryan fired home to reduce the arrears

Massiah McDonald and Jamie walker combined on the left to drag the home defence out wide before Walker crossed into the area and just evaded the boot of Meadows

After 75 minutes the limping McDonald was replaced by Joel Brownhill to join his brother in the action and within a minute a crossfield ball was chased down by Lewis Brownhill who nicked it away from Jones in the home goal then turned back round and slammed it inside the back post to restore the two goal lead. Jones then made a routine save from a corner kick and released his forward who hit a powerful shot that Smith-Eccles did well to hold underneath his crossbar. Then in the 92nd minute a corner from the right was headed home by substitute Harris to reduce the arrears once again.  Final score 3-2 to the visitors. 
MOM, a few contenders but having to play over an hour with ten men it should go to them 

More from Local Sport

Listen Live